Help Olivia
Write as if you are speaking to Olivia. Explain your choice of sentence to her and why you chose it. What else can you say to Olivia at sentencing that might make a difference? What words does she need to hear in order to understand her actions and change them?
Olivia your sentencing is that you are on probation for six months for stealing the car. I am ordering you and your family to do family counseling, I am also holding the auto theft over your head one more time of any kind of trouble and you will be charged for this crime you also will have cc because you need to pay the damages for the car. Olivia please take all this as help I don't want to be a mean person but I will if you make it that way. things will just get worse if you continue down this road.
ReplyDeletei would keep her in jail for a month then i would release her with counseling and an ankle monitor until she can prove she can follow rules and authority with probabtion. olivia if you revoke probation i would have no choice but send you to a treatment facility, more jail time and if you do it a third time you will be locked up for a while. do you want to spend your life being locked up? think about it.
ReplyDeleteIf I was the judge, I would say:
ReplyDeleteI am sentencing you, Olivia, to one month in jail and one year of intense probation. The reason why I am sentencing you this harsh punishment is because what you did was harsh. We do not take "stealing cars" lightly around here. And we do not deal with "running away" lightly either. Not only did you steal the car but you wrecked it and abandoned it, and didn't come home for four months. This was very serious what you did. If you want to act like an adult, you can get punished like one. For every action there is a consequence...
The sentence I have chosen is intensive probation, with an electronic ankle bracelet to monitor her whereabouts for the first few months. I chose this sentence because the ankle monitor will force you to stay home unless you have school or a porbation meeting. Hopefully this will keep you out trouble, because if it doesn't there will be more serious charges.
ReplyDeleteOlivia, I’m sentencing you to a mouth of treatment followed by probation. You know stealing the car was wrong and you did it anyway. If you are to steal a car agene you will be sentenced to months in person. So during your sentence ask yourself how you want to spend you what to spend your life. If you want to spend it behide bars than keep doing what you’re doing. If you want to grow up to be someone than stay in school get an education and stop doing what you’re doing.
ReplyDeleteThe sentence I would use is intensive probation, with an ankle bracelet to monitor her whereabouts for the first few months.But i would also give her more jail time, probably for a month because she's clearly a "not okay child".
ReplyDeleteOlivia, I am sentencing you to regular probation, with counciling and payment to the victim for damage to the car, because i believe you are at an age where you can take some responsibility for your actions, seeing that you haven't been doing much of that lately. stealing is bad so dont do it because it will get you in trouble no matter what you steal.
ReplyDelete