Monday, November 29, 2010

New Kid

Paul is self-conscious about his bad eye sight and does not want to be treated differently at his new school. He feels embarrassed that someone was assigned to show him around and he refuses her help because he is afraid of what others will think.

Have you ever had to move to a new town and go to a new school? Think about your first day at the new school or even your first day in middle school. What was something you thought was most embarrassing or something that was especially difficult for you. Also, what is the best way to fit in at a new school?

Respond to ALL questions!

7 comments:

  1. My first day of middle school wasn't so bad because I went to Pershing Elementary and Mt. View so I knew quite a bit of the kids in 6th grade. I try and find things I have in common with others and we become friends 9 out of 10 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i got sent to Sheridan i walked in and every one was in choir it was like they planned this but i walked in the door and everyone stopped singing and started at me for the longest time.I thought that every one was staring at me cuz i looked funny or something or why is she here she dont look like a trouble make. i would say be your self love who you are then other swill fall in love too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only had to start at one new school. I never had to go to middle school because I was home schooled. So the first school I ever went to was the coop. Nothing was that bad or hard the first day except that I was way out of my comfit zone I had never been to school before and never had to talk to so many new people. But it was good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i have been to a new town and school. the first day at the school sucked because i didn't know anyone and didn't talk. The most difficult for me was making new friends because i went the whole school year with out saying anything to anyone but a couple people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went to a new school in seventh grade. I was lucky because my first day there was another new kid in the same grade as me. We even had the morning classes together. we became friends right away. The other kids were cool to they were all nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought there wasn't anyone I would get along with but I just made myself meet new people and it turns out they were pretty chill....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to many schools and everyone i have met i pretty cool when they are not bringing down any one.

    ReplyDelete